Thursday, December 8, 2011

LIFE

"You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one"

This past month has been a crazy insane one. I have learned so much about myself, choices, God and life in general. They've been tough lessons to learn, but here I am, still alive! I feel the need to share these things. So allow me to get up on my soapbox for a moment, and here I go.

Myself
I've just finished up my last fall semester of college classes. Weird. Next fall I will be student teaching (not interning) in Utah (not in DC through a really cool program). Then, in one year. ONE year. I graduate. Insane? Yes. I am starting to really get terrified. They seriously expect me to be a teacher, to be in charge of 20-30 kids, and get them to learn something? Ah.... maybe that's not what I signed up for. However, despite all this freaking out I have been doing, I LOVED being in the classroom during practicum, and continue to have daily moments that remind me why I am choosing this profession. Apparently, I can make decisions. 

Choices
Our choices define us. Make the right ones. What seem like even the smallest choices can have a huge impact on our lives, and not only our lives, but others lives. Those things we do daily make our life what it is, and make the future what it will be. So don't make wrong choices!

God
I have had so many tender mercies the past month. It's honestly amazed me. God answers our prayers. He truly does, and he does it in the way that's best for us. God is real, and he is there to help us. If we just trust in him, things work out in the best possible way, not just the way we want. I am so grateful for that knowledge! I've had it proven to me over and over again in the past little while. I could tell so many stories. But I won't :)

Life
Life is hard! Sometimes things don't turn out the way we expect them to, or want them to, but you have to keep going, because eventually everything will be ok. Life is crazy. If you would have told me a year ago, everything that I would do this past year, I would have laughed in your face! Life is so unexpected and things can change so quickly. Also, life is a lot easier to get through with amazing friends. I have amazing friends. Seriously though. I don't know what I would have done without them. 

Welp. There's my soapbox of things I have learned recently. I wish I could explain myself better. I have a wonderful life. The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment