Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Story

Ok. So I've debated since getting engaged doing the whole "married blog" thing, with some cute title and everything, but today I'm simply too lazy to figure it out. Maybe later. I'll stick to this one for now. 
I love hearing stories of how people met and got together, so I decided to blog about mine and Sam's. 

Sam and I met 2 years ago this August. He had gotten home from his mission some months before, and I was starting my second year at BYU. We both decided to move into the Villa. We both quickly became part of the same group of friends, causing us to become friends. This was August of 2010. Moving forward 1.5 years.
Proof we were friends
November 2011. Sam and my roommate Hope were really good friends. I started hanging out with them a lot, pretty much everyday. It was in December that Sam and I really became best friends. We were together all the time, it was always just fun (he says it was around this time that he realized he liked me, and he figured if he was with me all the time, eventually I would come around). I wasn't looking to date anyone, but friends and roommates started commenting "You should date Sam." "You guys are just so cute together." "Cortney, just marry Sam. Just do it, ok?"  I laughed and shrugged them off because we were just friends. 
We're normal. I promise. 

We found that we both like fire. 
Sam says he debated asking me out, or telling me how he felt, but he never did. I had no idea that he liked me. Christmas break came and went. Apparently we really missed each other, Sam came to see me first thing when he was back and I was excited to see my best friend (but I was still firm that we were just friends). January was a lot like December. We just had a lot of fun being together all of the time. Then in February, I started dating other boys. Sam got mad, stopped talking to me, and gave up on dating me. 

I definitely noticed when Sam started avoiding me. I realized how important to me he had become and I started to think that I had feelings for him. Then he came to my roommates birthday party with another girl and I was so jealous. I thought "Crap. I really like him." When I finally confessed this to my roommates, it took them awhile to get over their joyous reaction, they were able to tell me how much he had liked me for the past months. I was excited, but figured that he probably didn't like me anymore. I decided to give it one last try, just to see if anything would come of it. 

It took me 4 days and a lot of not so subtle hints (I had really confused him at this point. Sorry Sam) to get him to date me. After that, it didn't take us long to realize we wanted to always be together. 
The End :)

No comments:

Post a Comment