Monday, February 18, 2013

Ikea!

Lately, I've been watching a lot of HGTV. Therefore, I have been wanting to make our little apartment a bit more spiffy. Because we both had today off, Sam and I headed to Ikea for our own, brand new TV stand/entertainment center. We purchased a shiny new 42" TV last week, and it simply needed a better place to rest it's head. After searching at every furniture place in Provo, and still finding nothing, we decided today was IKEA day! yaaay!

There were so many good parts that I couldn't pick one to make a facebook status (my life is sad). So I decided to blog about it instead.

When we walked through the kitchen section, I proceeded to explain to Sam why quartz was a perfectly acceptable alternative to granite. To which he responded by comparing myself to the property brothers. It was a proud moment for me, Sam is learning so much.

Another great moment was while frolicking through the children's section. Sam crawled through a tunnel only to pop up and find a small boy on the other side. Small boy was terribly scared of Sam and burst into tears, running away.

It was free lunch day! We got free lunch:)

We found a wonderful, beautiful new entertainment center! Well. It's a TV stand and a bookcase, but it works just the same. I am ecstatic. I love it, and spent all night setting it up. Our new TV doesn't come till next week, so I haven't taken any pictures of it, but it's looking great. Overall Ikea was a brilliant time.

*Big shout out to Ma and Pa Larsen for letting us borrow the car! Lucy simply isn't big enough to transport furniture. Even furniture that isn't assembled yet.

2 comments: